One of the many tricks used by spammers is the embedding of images that contain special URLs that identify the email address of the user who viewed the images, thus confirming to the spammer that it is a valid email address. There is an option in MDaemon (Setup | Web & IM Services | WorldClient | Options | “Block HTML Images”) that allows you to block these images globally by default. When an image is blocked in WorldClient, a yellow bar appears at the top of the browser indicating that images have been blocked. But what if most of your users don’t want this feature enabled? What if they prefer to be able to view these images by default? You can leave the setting described above disabled, and then enable it on a per-user basis. To do this:
- Navigate to the MDaemon/Users directory.
- Open the folder for the domain that the user belongs to.
- Open the folder for the user you would like to update.
- Open the WC folder.
- Open the User.ini file in Notepad.
- Under the [User] section, add the following line:
- Save the file.
With this enabled, the selected user will receive the yellow bar in WorldClient for images that are loaded from remote locations.